News & Events
New Virtual Open Houses Available!
Was your New Year's resolution to return to school? Consider our two new online programs: the Master of Public Policy & Management (MPPM) through the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs and the Online LL.M. for Active Professionals through the School of Law!
Virtual Open Houses for both programs are now available for download! Register for them at our Virtual Open House registration page!
Epidemics, Pandemics & Outbreaks - Coming Soon!
We will be offering a new massive open online course [MOOC] through Coursera in 2015! Epidemics, Pandemics & Outbreaks will begin on March 16, 2015, and explore infectious disease prevention and medical responses.
The course will be co-taught by several professors:
- Elena Baylis, Associate Professor at Pitt School of Law
- Elizabeth Ferrell Bjerke, JD, Assistant Professor in the Department of Healthy Policy and Management at Pitt Public Health
- Amesh Adalja, MD, FACP, Assistant Professor in the Department of Critical Care Medicine,
- Ryan Morhard, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
In the MOOC, you’ll focus on the public health laws and policies that provide the framework for effective prevention, like quarantine laws, drug development policies, and bioterrorism and biodefense.
You can view the course introduction!
Sign up today at https://www.coursera.org/course/panprevention!
New Schools, Programs Join Pitt Online!
There are big things in store for 2015!
The School of Law and the Graduate School of Public & International Affairs (GSPIA) have joined us to deliver new online programs in 2015, and the School of Information Sciences plans to expand its online portfolio with new certificates!
The Masters of Law (LL.M.) program introduces students to the U.S. common law legal system and delves into international commercial law topics. The program enrolls lawyers with a law degree from a non-U.S. law school, and can be completed in two years.
GSPIA’s Master of Public Policy and Management (MPPM) program is designed to advance careers of professionals in the public and nonprofit sectors, and is ideal for those wanting a new, rewarding life in public service. It’s a 30-credit degree that can be completed in one or two years.
The iSchool will introduce a Certificate of Advanced Study in Security Assured Information Systems and Big Data Analytics next year. Both certificates will cultivate skills for two of the most in-demand specializations for information professionals today, and each can be completed with as few as 15 credits in one year.
Stay In Touch with the eNewsletter!
Our latest of edition of the Pitt Online eNewsletter is now available!
Blackboard Exemplary Course Winners - 4 Years Running!
Pitt Online has earned the Blackboard Exemplary Course Award four consecutive years! Take a tour of the award-winning courses below!
- 2014 - LIS 2600 Introduction to Information Technologies
- 2013 - NURSP 3294 Evidence-Based Quality Improvement
- 2012 - Management Essentials Online
- 2011 - NUR 2261 Organizational and Management Theory
Want to Learn More?
Pitt Online now offers Recorded Virtual Open Houses for many of our online programs! Simply sign up for a Recorded VOH and view at your convenience! Webinars are available for the following programs:
- School of Nursing
- MSN Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
- MSN Nursing Informatics
- MSN Nursing Administration
- Post-Masters Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) Post-Masters Nursing Informatics
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
- MLIS: Pitt Online
- School of Law
- Graduate School of Public and International Affairs
- Management Essentials Online
- School of Education
- MEd in English and Communications
- MEd in Elementary Education
- MEd in Mathematics Education
- Also: The School of Education offers one-on-one Virtual Open Houses for students interested in the online MEd programs in English and Communications, Elementary Education or Math Education. To download a recorded Virtual Open House or to set up an individual virtual meeting that best suits your schedule, please complete the Recorded Virtual Open House form. You will then be contacted by an enrollment manager!