The University of Pittsburgh School of Law developed Human Resources Law Online (HR Law Online) by working with experts in human resources, law, and online education. This advanced, accelerated program will support you as you take on more advanced human resource roles.
Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for some of the industry-based human resources certification exams offered by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Learn the relevant law, practical applications of law to human resource situations, and best practices, and explore current issues.
Interact with expert faculty—Pitt Law professors and employment law practitioners.
Network and collaborate with peers in other industries and locations through innovative online applications.
Study flexibly through weekly assignments.
Who should enroll?
- Human resources professionals who wish to enhance their understanding of HR laws and regulations.
- Attorneys who wish to acquire an appreciation for the HR field, client needs, and HR issues.
- Business administration program graduates who wish to develop a more thorough understanding of HR law and practices.
- Professionals interested in an exciting career change.
- College graduates with an interest in entering the HR field.
Applicants must have earned a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution. Admissions decisions will be made based on professional experience, academic credentials, and a personal statement. In some instances, an interview (online or phone) may be requested.
To apply for the program, complete the Human Resources Law Online Application.