- Accessing Panopto
- Downloading the Panopto Recorder
- Creating Content Using the Panopto Recorder
- Editing Panopto Content
- Sharing Panopto Content
- Getting Help
- Log into My Pitt.
- Choose My Pitt Video from the My Resources tab.
- Click the My Pitt Video link in the top right corner of the screen. You can then use your Pitt ID and password to log in via Pitt Passport.
Downloading the Panopto Recorder
In order to record content, you’ll need to use the Panopto Recorder on your desktop, tablet, or mobile device. These instructions will cover installing the Panopto Recorder on your Windows or Mac computer. For information on using Panopto apps for mobile devices, please visit the Student Knowledge Base.
- After logging into Panopto, you will find a Download Panopto link under your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the appropriate option for your computer and operating system and download the installer to your desktop.
- Open the installer file to begin the installation. Follow the instructions in the installer window until they are complete. You may need Administrator privileges to your computer to install new software.
- The first time you open Panopto on your machine, it will ask you to log in to your account. You’ll need to sign using your Pitt ID and password.
Creating Content Using the Panopto Recorder
You can use Panopto to record video, audio, screen recordings, and PowerPoint presentations. Panopto provides helpful, up-to-date resources on their website.
Editing Panopto Content
After recording a presentation, the Panopto Recorder will automatically upload the file to the folder you specified in the recording process. By logging into Panopto on your browser (see Accessing Panopto above), you can then edit your content. Panopto provides helpful, up-to-date resources on their website.
Sharing Panopto Content
After you record a video and the Panopto Recorder uploads the file to the server, you should receive an email notifying you that the video has been published. If you are faculty teaching a Pitt Online course, you can simply forward the email along to your Pitt Online representative and we will ensure that your recording is shared with your course. If you are student creating a video to share with your instructor and/or classmates, please refer to the assignment instructors which will include the name of the [assignment] folder to place the video in.
If you would like to know more about managing the permissions on your Panopto content, please watch this instructional video provided by Panopto.